Re-Define Selfcare

I used to think that selfcare(s) are:
1. Go to hair saloon. Chocolate or strawberry hairspa sounds good.
2. Go to shopping mall. Buy one or two things that I want. I need to appreciate myself.
3. Go to restaurant, movie theather, or a nice cafe. I need to treat myself.
4. Buy ice cream for myself after surviving a very hard day
Etc etc



This past years, things has changed.
Selfcare not only fullfil what I want. It will be beneficial when I fulfill what I need.

I need to:
1. Understand my self more: self discovery? Write journal? Nourish my soul? Reflect, reflect, reflect. And be a better person everyday. That's self care.

2. I can achieve no 1 when I understand where J came from? What is the purpose of my life?

3. To achieve no 2, I need to get closer to the One Who Create me. Yes. I need spiritual journey in my selfcare!

4. Talk to psychologist if needed, to support no 1. After a numerous trial, I have found a moslemah psychologist that can help me to understand more about myself, bi idznillah.... Counselling session is like a process to reduce various unnecessary things inside our mind&soul. Thus we can have more "space" for whatever new and better things that I want to learn.

5. Nourish soul by learning deen. Basic Arabic? Basic tahseen? Start to memorize Quran verse? Everything that make you more understand the deen, is actually a self care.

May Allah ease our journey to get closer to Him, Allahu Rabbul 'Alamiin...

"How wonderful the affair of the believer is! Indeed, all of his affairs are good for him. This is for no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is grateful to Allah, which is good for him. And if something bad happens to him, he has patience, which is good for him." HR Muslim


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saran Pengasuhan yang (Mungkin) Belum Pernah Anda Dengar Sebelumnya

Mengasuh Anak Lebih Mudah, Emang Bisa?

[FAQ] Sastra Cina UI